django CMS Helper¶
django CMS Helper is a set of commandline utilities to help developers of applications for the django CMS ecosystem.
It’s a modified version of django CMS’s own develop.py script, allowing you to work with your application even without having a full project - which is not always possible or convenient - set up.
It does this by spawning its own virtual project - a basic generic project built in to itself - that’s ready to integrate with your application with just a little extra configuration.
The utilities provided:
- help setting up and running tests
- give you access to a Django shell
- run the Django check command
- compile and update locale message
- help manage Django and South migrations
- perform static analysis using pyflakes
- build an authors list automatically
- setting up a Django environment
django CMS Helper was created by Iacopo Spalletti.
Installing from pip:
pip install djangocms-helper
pip install djangocms-helper[cms]
to install it along with django CMS
Installing from source:
pip install git+https://github.com/nephila/djangocms-helper#egg=djangocms-helper
- django CMS 3.0 (django CMS 3.0.4 is required for pyflake command), optional;
required only to work with
Since version 0.7 django CMS is no more a hard dependency; install it
manually to enable
- How to use django CMS Helper
- django CMS Helper reference
- Settings with django CMS Helper
- Integrated runner
- Base test class
- Development & community